Code of Conduct of Mentoring Program
As a mentor or mentee of this Mentoring Program, members should hold themselves to the highest standards of conduct and professionalism. We strive to maintain a respectful and constructive mentoring relationship that fosters an environment of growth and development for both the mentor
The Mentoring Program is not a substitute for structured learning of the respective disciplines as a
CA nor should be used to sign off “Your experience” requirement.
In applying for, and participating in, the CA Sri Lanka Australia Chapter Mentoring Program (“Mentoring Program”), as either a mentee or mentor, you agree to adhere to this code of conduct (Code of Conduct) at all times. Failure to do so may result in your participation in the Mentoring
Program being terminated.
1. Confidentiality: We will maintain the confidentiality of all discussions and information shared between the mentor and mentee and will not disclose any confidential information without the express permission of the other party.
2. Respect: We will treat each other with respect, courtesy and kindness, and will refrain from making derogatory, judgmental or discriminatory remarks.
3. Professionalism: We will maintain a professional and ethical approach in our mentoring relationship and will adhere to all relevant professional standards and guidelines.
4. Commitment: We will make a sincere and sustained effort to attend all scheduled mentoring sessions and communicate in a timely manner any issues that may affect our participation.
5. Feedback: We will provide constructive feedback to each other and will be open to receiving feedback in a respectful and non-defensive manner.
6. Conflict Resolution: We will work collaboratively to resolve any conflicts that may arise during the mentoring relationship and will seek guidance from the program administrators if necessary.
7. Conflict of interest- Mentors and mentees agree to disclose to each other and to the Member Support Committee any conflict of interest or potential conflict of interest relating to the mentoring relationship. As participants in the Mentoring Program, we agree to uphold this Code of Conduct and to promote a positive and supportive mentoring experience for all